Wheat Ridge Business District
The Wheat Ridge Business District (WRBD) is a joint partnership between local business owners and the City of Wheat Ridge and the current board members are:
- Joe DeMott, President
- Loretta DiTirro, Vice President
- Walt Petit, Secretary
- Dick Matthews, Treasurer
- Roger Loecher, Board Member
- Jerry Nealon, Board Member
- Jessica Klingsporn, Board Member
- Joyce Jay, Board Member
- Scott Walker, Board Member
- Tim Fitzgerald, Board Member
Supporting, and focusing on, the needs of local businesses are paramount to both WRBA and WRBD. From this, an alliance was formed and the organizations share the same membership. WRBDs annual membership meeting is held during the WRBA March general meeting.
They administer several grant programs for Wheat Ridge businesses. These grants match those of the business owner, up to specified limits. WRBD programs offered are:
- Revitalization Incentive Program – provides assistance for façade (including architectural design fees) and sign improvements.
- Accessibility Grant Program – offers assistance for accessibility issues such as handicap bathrooms and ramps.
- Commercial Exterior Paint Program – for the businesses painting the exterior of their building.
- Commercial Landscape Grant – is a one-time grant for landscape improvements.
WRBD works with Wheat Ridge Localworks for the purpose of managing the administration of the grants. For details about each program, and/or to obtain an application, please follow THIS LINK >>