January 2024 Meeting
*** RSVP for this meeting by 5pm on Thursday, January 4. No walk-ins are permitted. ***
Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Location: The Vista at Applewood Golf Course – 14001 W 32nd Ave. Golden, CO 80401
Cost: $20 for WRBA Members and their guests, $25 for Non-members (*Please see below)
Topic: “The Healing Power of Gratitude”
Speaker: Dr. Jana Lomax, Licensed Psychologist, Owner/Clinical Director, Shift Healing | Health Psychology
Dr Jana Lomax, a Wheat Ridge Licensed Psychologist, will kick off our new year with helpful tips on how we can tap into gratitude as a powerful tool to improve our health and wellbeing.
You will learn:
- What gratitude is and is not
- Ways in which research shows us that gratitude improves health
- A variety of gratitude practices
President’s Circle Member Business Spotlight: Steve Whitney, Group Insurance Analysts (GIA)
Patron Member Business Spotlight: Jo Schantz, Jefferson County Library Foundation
Speaker: Dr. Jana Lomax, Licensed Psychologist, Owner/Clinical Director, SHIFT HEALING | HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY
Dr. Lomax’s mental health career formally spans 25 years, but truly most of her life she has been sought out for open-minded, compassionate wisdom. Dr. Lomax specializes in psycho-social oncology, caregiving stress and grief and loss. She has provided clinical care and leadership at the University of Colorado Cancer Center and SCL Health Cancer Centers. Her entrepreneurial dreams were realized in opening Shift Healing | Health Psychology in 2017, which has grown to a team of seasoned Health Psychologists. With deep gratitude, she is thrilled to be embarking on the next chapter of her professional journey with a fellowship and certification in Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy.
*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ – About our Monthly Meeting
- Our monthly meeting tickets are:
Member – $20 per person (member and member paying for their guests. Must be logged in to their member account)
Non-member – $25 per person (guests visiting the second time and returning past members)
- Punch card is $100 for 5 punches. (Available for members only. Credit is loaded into your member account)
- Annual meal package is $225 for the whole year (10 meetings @$20/ea plus 1 holiday luncheon @$25/ea. We will still RSVP for you automatically and if you can’t make it, you are encouraged to send in someone else in your place. This is a use-it-or-lose-it program with your convenience in mind).
- The WRBA will cover the first meeting for prospective members. (Need a completed guest card), Second time visitor is $25
Additional persons attending from the member business or guests of a member, if registered by the member logged in to their account, is $20/ea.
- Each meeting ticket includes hot breakfast, but not eating the breakfast WILL NOT excuse you from needing a ticket as we submit the headcount to the venue and pay for it. Please consider the ticket price as cost for the great networking opportunity and information you will receive. No-shows will be invoiced, unless notified BEFORE the RSVP is closed.